View the FY 2014-2016 Strategic Plan (large document).
View the new library Site Evaluation Criteria Survey Report (08/11/2010)
Billings Public Library Vision Statement
Through the services provided by Billings Public Library, Billings, and Yellowstone County residents will:
- Experience the Library as a focus of community life for people to gather and connect with each other to build a strong, sustainable, and livable community.
- Acquire the skills and information they need to succeed at school, at work, and in their personal lives.
- Discover responsive, dynamic, and high-quality services and programs that enlighten, inspire, and entertain.
- Benefit from reading, viewing, listening to materials, and participating in programs that stimulate their thinking, enhance their knowledge of the world, and enrich their leisure time.
- Enjoy a high level of access to electronic information resources.
- Develop the technological, information seeking, and information evaluation skills needed in an increasingly complex world.
- Utilize fully the Library's resources and services, and encourage others to do so as well.
- Enjoy relaxing and welcoming spaces that are a source of local pride and an essential public resource.
- Discover a catalyst for lifelong habits of learning, self-improvement, and self-expression.
- Find a bridge over the digital divide for those lacking access to technology.
- Find a partner in building the community's future.
- Develop the love and habit of reading in children from the earliest possible moment.
- Interact with the Library, the community, and the world through the use of digital communications and dynamic social media.
Billings Public Library Values Statement
Billings Public Library intends to provide:
- Services that are highly valued and result in library use and involvement from throughout the community.
- A welcoming and lively cultural and lifelong learning center for the community.
- Outstanding reference, readers advisory, and borrower services.
- Barrier free services accessible to all, regardless of background, education level, or economic status.
- Collections of value and interest that are current, relevant to user needs, and readily accessible from every service point.
- A friendly, trained, and highly competent staff that works together to provide responsive service to all users.
- Appropriate technology to extend, expand, and enhances services throughout the community and ensure that all users have equitable access to information.
- An environment in which staff treat customers and each other with respect.
- Facilities that are inviting, safe, and well maintained and are available in locations and during hours of greatest convenience to users.
- Careful stewardship of the public trust, making the efficient use of both public and private funding.
- Promotion of collaboration and cooperation where possible with other agencies, and building public/private partnerships to enhance services to our users.