Contractors paid utilizing federal funds must have a City of Billings business license, proper insurance, workman's compensation (or exemption), and must not be listed on the Excluded Parties List System (debarred from federal contracts).
Davis-Bacon Act Compliance
Construction work that is funded in whole or in part with federal funds must adhere to certain Federal labor standards requirements. When $2,000 in CDBG funding is used for a construction project, Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rates apply.
- Basically CDBG: Chapter 16 - Labor Standards
- Contractor's Guide to Prevailing Wage Requirements
- Labor Relations Forms
Organizations receiving federal funding to assist in home repairs must follow lead-based paint requirements.
- Lead Based Paint Flowchart
- Lead Based Applicability Form
- EPA - Protect Your Family Booklet
- Lead Based Paint Signature Form
- Lead Safe Work Practices
- Lead Safe Training Schedule
Section 3 Compliance
Section 3 ensures that employment and economic opportunities generated by HUD financial assistance for construction activities shall be directed to low-and very low income persons.
- HUD Section 3 Economic Opportunity Brochure
- Community Development Procedures - Section 3
- Certification Information
- Business Certification
- Individual Certification
- Contractor Compliance Form
All projects funded through the Community Development undergo environmental review processes in accordance with federal regulations.