Resources for Veterans
- Veterans Resource List to connect veterans with local services. Billings Metro VISTA Project coordinated with service providers to create a
- A collaborative effort between Billings TrailNet and the Veterans Treatment Court provides bicycles to veterans enrolled in the Treatment Court after they attend three classes. The classes teach proper bicycle-driver etiquette, basic mechanic skills, and route planning. Once the veteran has attended the classes, they are loaned a refurbished bicycle, a new helmet, lights, and a lock until they no longer need it or they graduate from the Treatment Court.
Federal Resources - U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support anytime. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is also available. : The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans, their families and friends with qualified responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text.Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1,
- Help for Veterans Experiencing Homelessness: Information regarding programs for Veterans and what you can do to prevent homelessness among Veterans.
- Veterans Benefits:How to apply for benefits or check the status of a claim.
- Veterans Health Administration: Benefits information, common conditions and treatments, the locations of Veterans Health Administration offices; and various wellness programs.
- Women Veterans Hotline:Female Veterans, family members or friends can call this hotline to access resources specifically for women, 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- Toll Free Phone Numbers: A list of phone numbers for contacting the Veterans Administration.
- Dental Care for Veterans: Information on Dental Care.
- VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, such as banks and mortgage companies. The VA guarantees a portion of home loans, enabling the lender to provide veterans with more favorable terms.
The City of Billings will not update this page with business advertisements from for-profit or .com companies. External links provided above are sponsored by the City of Billings and / or the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs.