Wastewater Treatment Division

Plant Overview
In 1945, the first steps were taken to provide for the treatment of the City of Billings wastewater. Subsequently, a 15 million gallon per day (MGD) treatment plant was constructed, and was placed in service in 1950. In the early 1970s, the treatment plant was enlarged to provide both primary and secondary treatment for an average wastewater flow of 26 MGD and a maximum flow of 40 MGD.

Tours
Tours of the Wastewater Treatment Plant are available with 48 hours notice. Schedule a tour.