The Code Enforcement Division is part of the Planning and Community Services Department and works in partnership with the citizens of Billings and Yellowstone County to promote and maintain a safe and attractive community.
The Division, in general, enforces:
- Land use regulations
- Building codes
- Business regulations
- Nuisance codes
- Sign codes
- Specific parking regulations
Please report junk vehicles on the street to the Crime Prevention Center using this form or calling (406) 247-8590.
The Code Enforcement front counter will be open during the following hours:
- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- CE Officer Punt will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer Morgan will be on duty Tuesday through Friday
- CE Commercial Officer Strever will be on duty Monday through Thursday
- CE Officer II Salzman will be on duty Monday through Friday
- CE Officers are available to meet with complainants or clients by appointment only.
- Appointments can be scheduled through CE Clerk.
- Detailed written messages may be left for CE Officers at the Planning Department Receptionist desk and they will go investigate your concern or you may use the online complaint form available.
PROPER STORAGE OF CAMPERS, BOATS AND TRAILERS
- (Section 24-406)
Do: Store your camper, trailer or boat in the back yard or properly store on the driveway; in the garage or at a storage facility.
Do Not: Use the City's on-street parking for storage of campers, trailers or boats in residential areas.
SNOW BUDDY PROGRAM - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED We are short this year on volunteers to help with our “Snow Buddy” program and have a waiting list for those in need of assistance.
Are you interested in becoming a "Snow Buddy"? Snow buddies help out those who need assistance getting their sidewalks cleared after a snow storm in Billings. Code Enforcement regularly gets calls from the elderly or people with physical challenges who need a helping hand with snow removal. Please contact us at 237-6146 to get your name added to our Snow Buddy list. As a Snow Buddy, you can let us know if you prefer referrals only in certain areas of town and the time/days you might be available. If we get a call for help in your area, we will give you the info to connect with your neighbor in need.