The Telecommunications Manager, with the support of the Administrative Secretary and the IT Director, provides service and support for core telephone systems from the main PBX all the way to the desktop. The Telecommunications Team also works in conjunction with the Network / PC Team in the design, maintenance, and support of all network wiring and wiring closets.
The Telecommunications Team works hard to provide the following services:
- Manage the Nortel Phone System, AVST CallXpress Voice Mail System, and Infotex Call Accounting System, including hardware and software updates, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Administer all communications financial records and maintenance contracts, including all billing, phone changes (updates, adds, and deletes) for landlines, Centrex lines, cell/smart phones, and cellular plans for a variety of mobile devices
- Purchase, support, and maintain seven PBX’s, 534 landline/conference phones, 61 standalone phone lines, 348 smart phone/cellular/Push-to-Talk phones, and 14 custom auto-attendants.
- Support and maintain the telecommunications infrastructure all the way from the PBX’s to the desktop
- Train end-users for telephone, cell phone, and voicemail systems