Contractor Opportunities

The Construction Standards and Quote Requirement for Contractors lists the procedure that contractors must follow when bidding for a Community Development project. For additional information regarding the City's home repair programs, please see Common Questions and Answers. 

Contractor Registration

Contractors working in home repair programs must register with the City as a vendor, obtain a D-U-N-S number and register with the System for Award Management (SAM):
  • City: The New Contractor Packet explains the necessary qualifications to work as a contractor for the City's housing programs as a vendor. This packet includes the Vendor/Contractor Registration Application, a vendor information form, and a W-9 form.
  • D-U-N-S Registration: All contractors must acquire a DUNS number through Dun and Bradstreet. The process takes less than five minutes! You can visit the D&B website at The process is free for those indicating they are registering as an assistance recipient of government contracts.
  • SAM Registration: Contractors are required to register with the System for Award Management. The process involves creating an Individual Account and then registering as a new entity. Please refer to this quick start guide for details and visit the website.
General information regarding obtaining a D-U-N-S number and registering in SAM can be found here

Lead-Based Paint

All home repairs undertaken by contractors paid with federal funds must comply with current regulations regarding the management of lead-based paint.

Economic Opportunity for Low Income Businesses & Individuals

Section 3 ensures that employment and economic opportunities generated by the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD) financial assistance for construction activities shall be directed to low-and very low-income persons.