The Landfill hours are 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Saturday.
The Landfill will be closed on Sundays and select holidays. Holiday Landfill Schedule
Unsecured Load Fee & Policy
Vehicles arriving at the Billings Regional Landfill are required to have their loads secured. Vehicles that do not meet the secured load criteria as defined in the Unsecured Load Policy will be assessed an Unsecured Load Fee per the Landfill use fees adopted on June 10, 2019 in Resolution 19-10799:
|Schedule III - Landfill Fees|
|Origin of Waste||City of Billings||Other Towns/ Counties||Outside Montana|
|Uncovered Load Fee||$10.00||$12.00||$14.40|
|The Billings Regional Landfill is the largest landfill in Montana. 250 of the 800 acre landfill are permitted to receive waste. The landfill receives over 225,000 tons of garbage per year from five counties:|
If the landfill continues to receive the same amount waste, it will be full in approximately 45 years. This can be greatly expanded if recyclables are diverted from the landfill.
The city is currently land-filling a 50-acre area of the permitted facility. This area is unlined and has less than a year of capacity remaining.
The next area to be land-filled is now being built. It will be lined with on-site clay soils and a synthetic liner to help prevent contaminates from reaching, and potentially polluting, groundwater.
- Does it cost to use the landfill?
- What are the tonnage fees?
- What are the landfill hours?
- How do I get to the landfill?
- Who can use the landfill?
- What can I bring to the landfill?
- Where can I take used motor oil, antifreeze, batteries, computers and other hazardous waste?
- When is your hazardous waste day?
- How do I deal with asbestos and can I bring it to the landfill?
- Do you take refrigerators at the landfill?
- Can I set up an account at the landfill?
- What do I do if my CFL light breaks