- A permit is not required for preparation of a site within private property limits.
- Building plans must include:
- Foundation plan
- Foundation cross section and details
- Calculations are required to substantiate loads on the foundation system
- Four copies are required
- Site plan requirements are identical to full submittal requirements except a landscaping plan is not required.
- Submit seven complete site plans, including storm drain calculations
- A foundation waiver is required prior to permit issuance
- Site plan requirements are identical to full submittal requirements and must include landscaping plans
- Submit seven complete site plans, including drainage calculations, even if plans were previously submitted
- Provide four complete building plans, including previously submitted foundation drawings
- The City of Billings has a separate handout for commercial submittal requirements
- The Building Division does not accept phased construction for residential applications
- The one exception is the pouring of a monolithic slab (flat concrete) for a future garage