The Billings Fire Department is now accepting applications for Probationary Firefighter. Applicants must have passed the written examination, the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and possess a valid CPAT card issued within the past 12 months.
• During probationary period – 4 – 10 hour days. Days off TBD
• After probationary period – 27-day total work cycle consisting of 7 consecutive work shifts of 24-hour on duty and 48 hours off duty, immediately followed by 6 consecutive days off
Salary: $20.99/hour plus excellent benefits
• High school diploma
• Up to one (1) year of combined education and experience in the areas of fire suppression & prevention
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and nicotine test, psychological examination, physical examination, and a Federal and State finger-print criminal background check
• Must possess State of Montana EMT Basic certification or must be obtained within six (6) months of employment
• National Registry EMT Basic certification
• Must maintain the minimum Montana and National Register EMT Basic level certification throughout Billings Fire Department career
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Associate’s degree in Fire Science or equivalent
• City of Billings job application
• Resume (maximum of 2 pages, to include work history, education, fire department experience & training ( a list of course titles & completion dates is acceptable), emergency medical technician status, and 3 business references)
• Current unexpired driver’s license
• State and National Registry EMT certifications
The application and supporting documents can be submitted online at www.billingsmt.gov/jobs or to City of Billings, Human Resources, 210 N. 27th Street, Billings, MT 59101. EOE.
APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN HUMAN RESOURCES. ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.