PLANNING AND COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT IMPLEMENTS GOVERNOR’S MASK DIRECTIVE
Effective July 15, 2020, Governor Steve Bullock ordered mandatory mask use in public for all counties with over four (4) active COVID-19 cases. Specific language states “…all employees, contractors, volunteers, customers, or other members of the public (must) wear a face covering that covers their mouth and nose at all times while entering or remaining in any indoor spaces open to the public.” This order includes the Planning and Community Services Department (PCSD) Offices where we serve our customers. Effective immediately, all customers entering the PCSD offices over the age of five (5) years are required to wear facemasks to access PCSD in person services.
The PCSD continues to ensure we can minimize risks to our customers and employees as the risk of COVID-19 remains in our community while still delivering services to you.
Please be aware most of our services are available via phone, email and online, and should be utilized whenever possible to avoid in-person visits to the PCSD offices.
If you do visit our offices, you will find:
- Customers and staff are wearing masks as per the Governor’s Directive
- Customers and staff are following social distancing requirements
- Maximum customer capacity in our 4th floor office area is 9 people
- Our Community Development Division Offices on the sixth floor are offering a self-serve customer area and by appointment services. The offices are closed to walk in customer traffic.
- Customer service areas have counter shields and hand sanitizer
- Most meetings will be scheduled using phone or video conference to limit contact
- Based on staff availability you may be offered a date and time to visit with a staff member via phone to answer your questions or discuss your project
These efforts are all designed to ensure we can minimize risks to our customers and employees as the risk of COVID-19 remains high in our community.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience as we strive to limit the health risks to you and our employees. If you have questions, need clarification for your permit or application, or just need information on our operations, please call us at 247-8676. We are here to help. Thank you.